Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's been too long....

I've know you've all been waiting for and well, here it is boys, here it is girls, here's the post!! Well it's been almost an entire week since I've posted, and I have just got a bajillion things to fill you in on!!

Monday 9/6/2010 - This was was kinda crazy, we woke up early, and then we went on what the Jerusalem center calls, a Geography Field Trip, which last a few hours.  It was actually really cool because we got to go all around the outskirts of Jerusalem, and see it from a variety of viewpoints.  It really gave me a better understanding of the area around Jerusalem, and how it all connects and flows together.  We got to see a lot of cool things, such as Bethlehem from a distance, the supposed site of Samuel's burial (although we have since discovered that it is NOT the birthplace of the prophet), and the famous ancient town of Gideon.

Gideon is where Joshua asked God to make the sun stand still over Gideon, so that he could capture their enemies before nightfall, and here I am, at Gideon!


We also got the chance to see Jerusalem from a southern perspective, and here that was.....\


It was really awesome, fun day, fun field trip, and great time altogether.  A+ We got back to the center, and got to meet our Family Home Evening groups out.  And guess what? Jenni Carlisle's best friend Tarah Ogzewalla is in my FHE group, she is so fun!! And my friend Johnathon Webb is the only other guy in my group, but we get along really well, so that's good.  I'm excited for the adventures that lie ahead of our FHE group.

Tuesday 9/7/2010 -
Tuesday was a lot of classes.  We had Old Testament, Jewish Studies, Arabic, and Islamic Studies, needless to say it felt like we were in the JC For a long time, but it was still really fun.  These classes will be eye opening, and its interesting to get various perspectives on various issues as well...

Wednesday 9/8/2010 -
Wednesday was a lot of class again, which is probably why I didn't feel so inclined to blog that much.  We did have a pretty cool forum address that night where a lady from the US Consulate who talked to us about US/Middle East relations, and she was actually pretty interesting.

Thursday 9/9/2010 -
Thursday was awesome, we had Old Testament in the morning, then me Johnathon, Katie, Brandt, Tara, and Melia went out to the Old City.  We went and visited Gethsemane, Absolom's Tomb, the South-east corner of the Old City Wall, the Western Wall, and then had lunch in the Christian Corridor of the Old City, and got some really nice shwarma's (doner/kabab, whatever you wanna call them).  It was a great day, and super fun.
We came back to the center, and watched a movie about Egypt, preparing us for our trip there NEXT WEEK!!  It wasn't the best documentary, but it was pretty fun to watch, and realize that I was going to be there in a matter of days, I've always wanted to go and see they pyramids and Egypt, and now I get the chance!

8 Comments:

At September 11, 2010 at 8:50 PM , Blogger A Mitton said...

1) Jenni Carlisle is roommates with my old roommate (and best Jerusalem friend) Melissa. Small world, eh?

2) I LOVE (love, love) Ophir. And Musallam, but in a totally different way. I want to know what you think of them.

3) Dude, I know you're busy but email me. I want to actually talk to you about this, not just comment on your blog.

 
At September 11, 2010 at 10:22 PM , Blogger James Grant said...

I want to but what's your email? I don't even know if i have it!!! maybe i'll ask megan or kylie...

 
At September 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i love you jamesy. and your blog. i really wish i was on your bus. just sayin

 
At September 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM , Blogger R said...

Finally, a picture with you in it! I believe you now that you are actually there! I'm happy for you, and all that you are experiencing!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Mikayla Skouson said...

Jimmy James,
I did not even know that you were going to Jerusalem!! How wonderful is that. I can tell from your blog that you are just having a wonderful time. I wish you were in Provo so I could come visit you, but at the same time, I am soo glad that you are in Jerusalem!!

Continue the wonderful adventures!
Peace
Mikayla

 
At September 18, 2010 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Jenni Carlile said...

James!! I'm so glad you and Tarah know each other now :) Hope you are having a FANTASTIC time and making memories that will last a lifetime :)

Jenni

 
At September 22, 2010 at 5:05 PM , Anonymous Kendall said...

Its been forever! Update already!

 
At September 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Janelle said...

My heck Jamison, quit being lazy and update your blog already.

Ps. i think you are neat. Lets be friends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home