Thursday, October 7, 2010

Is this real life?!

Well.. it's been almost a week, since I updated, and 2 weeks since I've written.  Life has been just splendid.  After the huge 8 day vacation of a lifetime, the school work basically hit my like a big dump truck full of homework and studying.  If you though that coming to Jerusalem was going to be a vacation for me...well you were wrong.... I have been studying my little tush off lately.. here's a pic...


Anyway, school is going ok, not great, not bad.... just ok.  Somedays I don't even leave the Jerusalem Center, and I go to bed, and think to myself, 'What did you do today James?', and I answer 'Well, I ate, studied, ate, studied, ate, studied, and now i'm about to sleep.' and then I think to myself... 'WHERE DID I GO WRONG?!?!?!'  haha... But its good to learn things.. right?

Well, some things have happened in my life.... let me fill you in...

1. I GOT A CALLING!!! YES! This is true and rill!  I am the Senior Primary choirister! HA!  I'm so excited! It's going to be awesome.  I already had my first week, which was a disaster, but it can only go up from here. Since when did we add songs I don't know to primary?!?! I've only been gone for what? 10 years?  come on people!!  Once again.. a pic straight from church.. for you...


2. I JOINED A VOLLEYBALL TEAM ON MY OWN ACCORD!  Yes, you probably can't handle this much earth-shattering news in one day, but I, James Peter Grant, on my own accord decided to join an intra-mural volleyball team that.. HAD A DRAFT!! I KNOW!! Who would've thought... it turns out I'm like REALLY good in Israel, but not so much in America... not quite sure how that works..but that's how it is....so I deal with it.  We are 'Team Ace', and it's one of the most fun things I've ever done... everytime I hit the ball I yell 'VARSITY!' just for Brittney....
Max Lipsitz Max Lipsitz #9 of the Penn State Nittany Lions hits the ball against Mark Hulse #20 of the Pepperdine Waves in the second set of their 2008 NCAA National Volleyball Championship Final at the Bren Events Center on May 3, 2008 in Irvine, California. The Nittany Lions defeated the Waves 3 sets to 1 to win the final.
yup... that's my block....own it!... just kidding.. i'm basically the guy on the far right.... most of the game... and it turns out dancing is NOT helpful... but don't worry... I was in charge of the VOLLEYBALL PLAYLIST!! HAHAHAHA I knew you'd love that!

3. I got to see an orchestra from Germany, with a world-renown cellist come here and perform at the Jerusalem Center.  It was so cool.  Every Sunday night there is a huge concert here, and it is a pretty hot ticket in the classy Jerusalem scene.  Well, me, Melia, and Johnathon decided we wanted to see this youth orchestra that was on tour, and they were GREAT!!!


















This isn't a pic from our concert, but you get the idea.  Also....sitting just 2 seats away from me, next to my Johnathon was this political heckler, that was yelling about political statements in between the 1st and 2nd song, and it was super awkward.  After he yelled the crowd start to uproar and getting mad... JUST LIKE IN THE SOUND OF MUSIC....when the Nazi soldier comes out at the concert and says 'They're GONE!'.. ya basically just like that... it was insane.. AND his eyebrows were HUGE!! LIke unto the briar at the base of Sleeping Beauty's tower... HUGE AND GROSS!! I wasn't able to get a pic of him, as I don't have a cell phone to slyly use in a concert setting.. but i DID find a picture of his biological brother online....


They basically look like twins... so imagine this guy....add 30 years to his face, dye his hair black, grey, and white, and you get the guy we sat next to... super awkward!!


Anyway,
things are going well.. I've basically been eating, sleeping, studying, and playing a volleyball game here and there. After finals more fun things will happen... and I will fill you in on some more field trips... enjoy!!!

Peace and Blessings

James

ps. EMAIL ME OR DIE!

2 Comments:

At October 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM , Blogger tessawitt said...

OMG, me and my brother always quote that line from The Sound of Music. Example:
Tessa: "Dallin, where are mom and dad?"
Dallin: "THE'GONE!!"

 
At October 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Janelle said...

Ok, so i've already told you my thoughts on this post... LOVED it. Pretty sure its what prevented me from falling asleep in judaism. mahalos. also, i'm SO happy mid-terms are over. And that we survived them. that's all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home