Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One Halloween, I had dinner with... MYSELF!!!

Well, with all these finals going on, we almost forgot about one of our favorite holidays ever!!! HALLOWEEN!! You may have guessed that they don't celebrate this holiday here, and you would be correct in that assumption....so we had our own little party in the Jerusalem Center!!! There are 11 kids that live here, so we all decided to put on trick-or-treating for them, and have them trick-or-treat to our dorms, it was sooo much fun!!! We were able to put cool lights, and music, and just make it a really fun time!  Some of the little kids had never even been trick-or-treating before so it was really cool!

Well, my best friend Johnathon Webb and I weren't sure what we were going to be for Halloween.  We only had like an hour between when our finals finished and when we had to be dressed in full costume, and we just couldn't figure it out!! We finally decided to be... ZOMBIE MISSIONARIES!!!  It was so awesome.  We dressed up as rag-tag elders, with our Jerusalem Center name tags.  Then we found some 'planners' got some pens, scriptures, and then we headed to the girls dorm's to have them do our zombie makeup.  It was so awesome, we looked so good, I will get pictures put up ASAP.

So, we had trick-or-treating which was a huge hit, and then we had a huge Halloween dinner, then a Halloween Carnival and Dance.  The BEST part of it, was that 2 girls here, my friends Amy and Lizzy, dressed up as ME AND JOHNATHON!!  They borrowed some of our clothes, and shared headphones (just like we Johnathon and I did in Egypt, and on field trips, since my headphone transmitter is broken), nad it was soooo funny!! It was awesome.  I got to eat dinner with myself!!!! It was so cool, and they would do and say things that we would do and say, and it was just so funny!  Anyway, we had a great carnival with fun games, including an awesome cake walk, and had a great dance.

One of my favorite things was the cool costumes everybody came up with.  We had people dress up as people from history, random people in our Jerusalem Center group, teachers, and just funny things!! We had the ghostbusters, a big banana, a surprise party, and much more!!

It was probably one of my favorite Halloweens ever... it was just so cool to come up with an impromptu costume, and to be able to make our own fun here in JERUSALEM!! I will get picks up as soon as I can, so that you can know how it all went down!!

Talk to you soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home